15 July 2007

Oneness of Man and Environment

The SSA 40th Anniversary Meeting at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on 7th July went well. I represented SD in the March Past and was duly reminded of the significance of the institution.

Work is piling up since I school reopened after the midyear holidays. In fact, it had gotten so hectic that I admitted being slightly overwhelmed. I find my life-force slipping away and even missed a couple of meetings I really did want to attend on hindsight.

Then last Friday, during the MOE ExcelFest, my new car of barely a week old earned a dent at the carpark. That jotted me. Based on the principle of the ONENESS OF MAN AND ENVIRONMENT, it was clear as day that my life-condition is way too low and unacceptable for a Boddhisattva of the Earth. Once awaken to that, I immediately sms-ed the girlfriend that I needed to increase my daimoku. She readily supported.

I am grateful.

And I started today, going for the weekly Sunday morning Gongyo sessions and then the bimonthly evening Gongyo sessions. It was truly revitalizing. I feel ready to march forth again.

I just re-read “The Buddha, Geoff and Me” over the weekend. An amazing book! I loved it.