12 May 2008

Mothers' Day

We took our Mother to the Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental for lunch over the weekend. It was not cheap. But the food was excellence. Hence the trip is worth it. Good for the occasional celebrations.

Read this poem recommended by Sensei:

The sprouts of happiness resides in each person's heart.
If those sprouts are fostered, how big they will eventually grow!
The source of life lies within me.
I have no reason to long for some distant heaven!
~ Ivan Franko (1856 - 1916)

Happiness doesn't come from others. It's something that we must build within our own lives. There is no need for us to compare ourselves to others or envy them.

Our happiness depends on how much we can foster another person. To share the path to absolute happiness. This is very true. I promise to never slacken in my efforts despite my part-time studies.