28 April 2011

Being Neutral

Nomination was yesterday. Amidst all the excitement, we are reminded that as civil servants, we ought to maintain a neutral stand in our professional capacity. So here is my declaration:

  1. I do not care which party you belong to; except that you belong to Singapore.
  2. I do not care what you had done in the past or your track record; I am only interested in what you will do and intend to do in the future.
  3. I do not care what you had achieved on a personal level; I am only interested in what you want to help others achieve and aspire towards.
Note that each time I say "you", I meant you and not your party.

I am not an expert in matters of governance. My experience is limited to maybe a couple of city-building simulation games on my computer. I have little knowledge of economics and estate management. And macro- and meta- planning usually escape me.

But I do know a sincere man/woman when I meet one. Humility and Honesty is all I ask from a politician.

Show me your sincerity, and I will show you my vote.

That is neutrality.